Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tortillas

Just a quick little post about tortillas.

Yep, you heard right. Tortillas.

I love 'em!

I love a really good flour tortilla--hot and steamy. Darrell's mom made really good flour tortillas. Sometimes, she wouldn't make them exactly round. Those were the ones Darrell called Texas tortillas. I got her recipe for them. I'll have to make them soon. When I feel the need for a carb-fest.

I also love tortilla chips. Put a bowl in front of me, and I can't stop until they are gone. Especially when they are hot from the fryer. Mmm, mmm!

But most of all, I love corn tortillas. My favorites are from Rubio's. They have a lime-y flavor, which, I'll tell ya what....is really delicious. That's where we ate tonight. If there's a break-in at the local Rubio's, and only corn tortillas go missing, know it was me. And I will have eaten them all!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I love tortillas too! I didn't know what I was missing with homemade ones until I started hanging around Marc's family. My favorite is when his mom makes corn tortillas. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!