I realize that my blog is FAR from perfect, but there are a few things that really get under my skin about some of the blogs that I peruse.
PS-The blogs of the few people who read my blog don't bother me. Just so you know.
Listed below are some of my top pet peeves. They are listed in no particular order. Ok. They are in order--the order that I think of them.
- People who have great big pictures of their kids on their banner. With dirty faces and snot dripping out their noses. Gross! Do you really want to publicize that you can't clean the kids for the photo that is going to tell the world who you and your family are? One word--icky!
- People who constantly brag about how wonderful their life is. "Oh, DH and I went to a meadow, where a host of angels were singing to us. We had a picnic that I had whipped up--nothing special--just some imported cheese and crackers; a fruit basket with fruit I picked up at the farmer's market; sandwiches on bread I had just baked, from wheat I had just cracked, with either meats I had cured myself, or (for the vegetarian bloggers) with veggies straight from my garden; a perfectly delicious, fat-free, sugar-free, taste-full dessert, from a recipe I just thought up; and lemonade that was just the right tart plus sweet. We ate the delicious meal I prepared and then DH went back to his perfect job and I went back home to my 8 smiling children. Then, for dinner, we ate a Cafe Rio! The perfect ending of a perfect day." GAG! Now, I don't want to read all about the woes of someone's life, but REALLY? Your life isn't that perfect!
- People who have far too many ads on their blog. Is the 13 cents a year that you make worth annoying everyone who visits your blog?
- People who take horrible photos and try to pass them off as good. If it's not in focus, I probably don't want to see it. If you can't see the peoples' faces, no one cares. If you are taking a photo or more for each and every step in a recipe that has 517 steps, you've lost my attention.
- People who create those buttons for blogs that no one reads. While I'm at it...people who post "awards" their blogs have won. From other blogs no one has heard of.
- People who have added so many gadgets to their blog, it takes five minutes to load. I have moved on....
- People who have "cute" names for their family members to keep the pervs away. If you are that worried, make your blog private. Or don't blog. Plus, pervs have a way of finding kids, even if Katie is "Koko" on your blog.
- People who don't fill out any of the "About Me" links. Sometimes I want to see quickly if your blog is worth reading. The "About Me" link is very useful in that quest.
- People who have a really annoying background (either the color, design, or music). If it hurts to read, I won't.
- People who are obsessed with Twilight.
- People who drone on and on about how horrible their life is. If you don't like it, why do you think I will?
So, there are some of my pet peeves. That really went on longer than I anticipated. Sorry for rambling. I hope that my blog doesn't make your list of pet peeves. :)