Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random rant

I really hate it when I send an email to someone to just give a quick update on a project and the response is an attack on me and what the other person read between the lines. 

The lines that didn't even exist.

Now, I know that email does a poor job of conveying tone.  But there wasn't even any tone I tried to convey.

I sent a, "Hey, a quick reminder about XYZ and a suggestion" email and I got a, "I already know what you told me, don't tell me what to do, and furthermore, you made me mad the last time we talked and I'm going to tell you off now."

Nice.

5 comments:

Emily said...

:( So sad. Sorry you got a lame email from a lame person.

Julie said...

Next time maybe you should have lines to be read between & a tone. You'll show them!

Allison Nelson said...

Here's an idea - come visit Julie in NYC!!! I live here too, you know... it'd be fun to reconnect. Sorry about the email situation, its happened to me many times.

Lucinda said...

um... sorry.... I love your guts!!

Aunt Spicy said...

yikes. no need for that in a wok or personal environment. hope you ate some ice cream!