Sunday, October 9, 2011

Here today and tomorrow, please

So, since I posted yesterday about things I wish would go out of style, I decided to post today about things I hope never go out of style.

Flare leg pants.  Although, had you talked to the Stephanie in the 1980's, she would have said the exact opposite.  You see, those were the days of pegged legs (known as skinny jeans today).  And flare of any kind, even the kind known as "straight legs," was oh-so-uncool.  But those were also the days of skinny Stephanie.  And even if I were to become the skinniest I can be, I will always have hips.  That will need flared-legs to give me proportion.

Eclectic design.  I'm not the girl who can like one style of design only.  You will never see my house decorated solely in victorian, traditional, mid-century modern, art deco, or even rococo (ESPECIALLY rococo!).  However, you my see my house decorated with a little of victorian, traditional, mid-century modern, art deco, and even rococo (ESPECIALLY rococo!)...maybe even others.  Because I just can't be tied down.  Unless it's tied down to eclectic.

Pinterest.  Because as we all know, I'm addicted.

Hamburgers as the hip-new-food.  I mean, really, there have been scores (ok, several, but not scores) of hamburger shops that have opened over the past year-ish.  Five Guys. Smash Burger. Coal Burger. Habit Burger. Flame Burger.  And then there are the old stand bys.  In n Out. Fat Burger. Chuck Box. Bun Huggers.  I could go on, but I won't.  Since it's making me hungry!

Smoky eyes.  Not because I love doing smoky eyes.  But because I want it to stay popular long after I have mastered it.  I've got to figure it out and I think I'm on the edge of a break-through.  But don't want to be the girl sporting the smoky eye look after it is passe.

Statement jewelry.  Not the kind that says something literally.  But the kind that is unique.  That gets noticed.  And isn't just like everything everyone else is wearing.

Now, I could go on, but here's the deal.  I don't really know what is super trendy.  I don't even know if any of the stuff above is still close to popular.  Truth be told, I was googling trends of 2011 and hope I even came close on one of the above.  But these are things I like, that don't seem to be too old-fashioned, that I hope stick around for awhile.

Or at least until I find something better to replace them with.



No comments: