Saturday, November 19, 2011

Call Me



In case you don't know too much about me, I'm what you could consider a night owl.  I love nights and hate mornings.  In fact, please don't tell me "Good Morning!" because I will probably tell you there isn't anything good about mornings.  But given the fact that you will likely never have the opportunity to even greet me at all in the morning, rest assured, you should have no fears of the repercussions associated with such a folly.

So, it really doesn't bother me too much to have someone call me late-ish at night when I'm aware that they are going to call.  You know, like we've made plans to talk later, or we've been texting or emailing and need to talk in person.  But I'm not real good with unplanned late-night phone calls.  Unless I'm not planning on it.  Because, let's face it, no one calls after 10 pm with good news.

So, last night at 10:30 when my home phone rang (and yes, I still have a land line.  I've been debating disconnecting the thing for years and can't let go of the kitschiness of it all), I was more than a little disturbed.

And then I saw that one of my parents was calling, and became even more concerned.

Darrell likes the idea of late-night phone calls even less than me and had followed me to the home office where one of the land line phones was.

I cautiously answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Steph!" said my mom, sounding very much like her normal self.  "I was on Pinterest and checking out my boards.  It will only show 9 pins per board and I am wondering how to see the other pins I have on those boards."

I gave Darrell a thumb's up to let him know all was well and asked my mom if she realized it was 10:30.


She started laughing and said, "I've been on the computer all evening and thought it was only 8:00!  I'm so sorry!  Is Darrell ok?  Let him know that we are all okay.  I'm so sorry!  Oh, that's so funny!"


"Yeah, Mom, it's funny now, but 45 seconds ago, it was a little unsettling!  So, here's how to see all the pins on each board...."


So, although it wasn't a matter of life or death, I'm glad I was able to help my mom with her Pinterest emergency.  Because there's nothing worse than being unable to figure out one of the most addictive websites in the middle of the night!


No comments: