Thursday, March 12, 2009

Escape (The Pina Colada Song)

So....I have to write a post based on the above title.

If you were to escape right now, where would you go? What would you leave behind? What would you take with you?

If I were to escape right now, I would go to a sunny island. Tahiti or Fiji or Hawaii. I would leave the cold weather behind. Hey, I know I live in Arizona and it is in the 70s, but I am the most cold-blooded person I know. I'm freezing and still wearing my winter clothes.

Nice way to get me off track....I'm good at that!

Back to the story...I'd leave the cold. I'd leave figuring out dinner. Ok. You are calling me on this too? I admit. I'm not good at menu planning. Just ask Darrell. Actually don't. I admit it--I'm REALLY bad at menu planning.

Escaping....cold, menu planning. I think even my computer. For awhile, at least.

I would definitely take Darrell. I would take my family. I would take a couple of books. I would take a camera. And I would take chocolate.

Ok, I know I'm not planning on being on a desert island, but you never know if you can find really good chocolate in a remote-ish area. And I just don't want to chance it.

So that's my idea of escape. For right now.

Other days, just holing myself up in my bedroom, with my computer, TV, and some mediocre chocolate is good enough.

Thanks for reading....

As a reward, you can click on the video to hear the song.



PS--Darrell and I were watching some show on TV (I know, no surprise!) and saw this guy singing on American Bandstand. He looked like an accountant with a microphone and danced the white boy dance.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

It's very frightening how similar we are.