Monday, March 16, 2009

Hey Mom, this post is for you....

I was talking to my sister, Julie, on the phone tonight. I guess, technically, it was last night. Let's just say it was a few hours ago. The last thing she said to me was, "Mom said you need to post something new to your blog."

So here it is:

A short, picnik montage of my mom.







I remember nothing of the first two photos, but I do remember the last one. Ok. That's sort of a lie. I don't remember seeing this photo before a couple of months ago. But what I do remember is what we were doing. I cropped out the part of the picture that shows me and my sister, Jennilyn, getting ready to sit on some large rocks, on the edge of a lake. Probably more of a pond. But I was 4 and it seemed REALLY huge. And scary. I remember thinking I would fall in and probably die. But my mom told me I wouldn't. So I sat there. Quite still, just in case.

This is a picture of her probably reassuring me that everything would be okay.

3 comments:

Diana @ The Rader's Digest said...

okay, I'm thinking to myself, "Self, where the heck did Stepanie get that blonde hair?"

I miss ya!

Just Pam said...

The picture on the rocks was at the park in Salina, Kansas.
I only want you to make 100 posts by your birthday. If you don't hurry you will have to post every hour on the hour!

Emily said...

Isn't our Mom just so pretty? I like the top picture especially; she's SO young!!