Monday, October 31, 2011

Random facts, October edition

Although I have never read the books or seen the movies, I can't do any of the Twilight saga.  I'm not so into the fantasy genre and the actors really are unattractive to me.  I know.  You can hang me in effigy.

I have good intentions but really poor follow through.  I bought my cute niece a Halloween card and stickers at the beginning of the month.  I kept thinking that I needed to send them so she would get them, but also thought that if I sent them too soon it would be silly.  And so, I will send them to her on Halloween day.  Which means she will get them in November.  Too late for this year and WAY too early for next year.

I tend to either buy nothing while on vacation or raid the souvenir shops and buy one of each of everything.  There is no happy medium. 

It took me about 30 seconds to remember the word "souvenir."  I'm either tired or suffering from early-onset-dementia. 

It took me a little while to remember the word "dementia."  I'm really hoping for the tired option.

Last week, neighborhood vandals struck again.  This time, we weren't singled out.  The vandals (who I think are probably teenaged girls) wrote on all the windows of cars parked outside in the neighborhood Wednesday to Thursday night.  No real damage was done, unlike the time our front door was egged, our rear car window was smashed with a rock, or the house was T.P'd (although I don't remember that incident but Darrell tells me it happened).  I did end up waking up early and washed the windows of our cars.  It was chilly, which I will tell you, I was not used to.  I also wasn't used to the morning and may have been grumpy for the rest of the day.

It's altogether possible that I have gift cards older than my niece.  She's 6.  I somehow think that if I use a gift card that it is wasting the gift card.  Because if I use it now, I won't be able to use it later.  And what if what I want later is better than what I want now?  So, please, don't give me a gift card.  Unless you just want to throw your money away.  And then if that's what you want to do, just take a picture of you throwing your money away and give that to me. 

No comments: